Mod&Dot is currently in a beta early access period, and I'm working on ironing out a few remaining bugs and issues. I'll update this document as needed.
If you spot any other issues, let me know at email@example.com!
Browser Extension Compatibility
- Chrome: Working great in all recent versions and Canary.
- Firefox: The Mod&Dot browser extension is built using the web extensions standard and polyfill, but Firefox has yet to implement 2 key APIs required to listen for CSS changes (onResourceContentCommitted & getResources). So, we're just waiting on Firefox to implement them, and we'll be ready to support a Firefox extension soon after. Unfortunately the Firefox team has given no ETA.
- Safari: Unfortunately Safari does not follow the web extensions standard, so there are no plans to create a Mod&Dot Safari extension.
Actively working on fixes for these issues! Included workarounds where I have them.
- React.js Apps: React can inject CSS using the CSSStyleSheet API, and Chrome DevTools currently has read-only access to styles injected using this method. Because of that, Mod&Dot might not record all CSS edits to React apps. More on Stack Overflow.
- ✅New CSS style declarations: Fixed in Chrome extension v1.0.2! Chrome DevTools is placing new CSS style rules inside a separate, newly created Stylesheet. Mod&Dot currently isn't listening for that Stylesheet and might not record new style rules. Workaround: avoid writing new rules with the "+" button in the DevTools Styles panel.
- ✅Chrome extension 'Continue Editing' screen, 'Delete' link does not work. Fixed in Chrome extension v1.0.2! The delete link leads to an infinite loading indicator. Workaround: click the 'Continue Editing' button, and once the extension shows 'Recording Edits', click 'Delete'.
- Web App Minor UI Issues:
- New comment text input doesn't autofocus
- Newly submitted comment disappears until page refresh